Wednesday, October 11, 2006

my birthday is the SHIT!

i have been celebrating my birthday for 3 and a half weeks now, and it's been GREAT. first was dinner with the fam at Sam and Rosco's the week before my bday. then the week of my bday, caleb and i went to provino's (we were going to see jackass but postponed it) , mom and melissa and i went to a concert on my birthday (saturday), and mom made all my favorite foods on sunday and a cake. lots of family and caleb time, which was awesome. then this past weekend we went to the fair in perry and i (sorta) celebrated my birthday with my aunts and grandparents. the fair was awesome, and i even think maybe caleb might not have hated it as much as he usually does (i will not go so far as to say he enjoyed it, but we did have a lot of fun). THEN on sunday, lindsey and i went to red lobster and to get pedicures...that was nice. i haven't seen lindsey in FOREVER and it was wonderful to catch up. THEN, my professors decided to have mercy and postpone stuff, god only knows why but it was the break i desperately needed (now my 8-10 page paper is due oct 25th), so jennifer and i went to inoko's last night for dinner. the chef made the volcanic onion JUST FOR ME and then i got to blow it out after i made a wish. the wait staff sang and stuff and they gave me a cute little piece of cake and some really cool decorative chopsticks. and the people sitting at our table were freaking awesome; the couple next to us were a vet student and an engineer (who recommended relatively cheap, safe apartments close to tech in case i decide to go that route) and the guy on the other end of the table gave me a coupon for a free bag of cat food (he worked for nutro).

all in all, the three weeks that i've celebrated have been wonderful (except for school related stress). i've had interviews, professors have been ok with moving stuff back, got to celebrate with everyone....wow. this will definitely be a birthday year to remember.

waiting in suspense till friday, to see if i get the job offer from the company that i really wanna work for. cross your fingers.

No comments: